An Organization of OFWs for the OFWs and The Filipino Family!
"Sponsored Links"
PEBA EXCHANGE RATE,
Search This Site

Saturday, January 3, 2009

OVERALL RANKING OF EACH NOMINEES

"Simply Jim Paredes blog!"
A judge commented " I like his quirky way of writing."
"Got me in the streets observing"
"I love his paintings!"
"I'll read this blog when I go abroad. Medicine for being away from home."

"I do appreciate Filipino blogs...I love reading the content..."
"Good writing and photos."
"The blog is a well read..."
"It's navigable and fast loading!"
"The blog content is OK so as the network that she has."

Wits and Nuts voted 4 times to the Top 10, No. 8 in Blog Element, and No. 9 in the Overall Judges pick. I like her blog, I am also a Jane Austen fan. Unfortunately, she is just 0.8 behind to No. 10 One judge commented: "The site is good. I have just issues with the lay-out but the content is good!"
Joro Livelihood, formerly Ronel Livelihood was voted once in the Top 10, and although he is the No. 1 in the voting/popularity category, and No. 10 in the Over all Visibility and Metrics, his overall percentage points did not drive Rolly's blog to the Top 10. Still he is a winner of "The Most Popular Blog Award" One judge commented," Rolly's blog is so insightful and interesting but the site has very many widgets..." "It took a long time to wait for the blog content to appear."
Francesca in France, Pinoy Expats Blog Award No. 1 blog in Europe, voted 3 times in the Top 10, once as No. 2 and No. 9 in the Overall Visibility and Metrics. Judges comments, "The blog is awesome and I want more Francesca! I like it" "Francesca's site is full of her stories. She shares to us her work and life." "Refreshing overall look. Witty and relevant articles. Does not fall into self-indulgence even as she narrates personal experience."

Rey Ian, recently went home after 4 seasons of teaching English in a school in Japan. Voted once as No. 1 in the Top 10 by one judge, and No. 5 in the Voting/Popularity Category, his other matrix did not help him to land in the Top 10. Still a judge comment about Rey Ian’s blog;I’m citing Rey Ian as my top 1. After going through all the blogs he seemed to be the most consistent content wise. Notable was how he managed to relay his stories about Japan from the point of view of a Filipino, from simple joys to adventures and even the hardships of living abroad. To me it was just uncanny and uniquely Pinoy.”

Mocs blog, of Pinoy X sa Saudi was voted 5 times to the Top 10. As the percentage points tallied, he is No. 11 in the blog content, No. 14 in the Blog Element and No. 18 in the Visibility, and the last in the Voting Category, that eventually pulled his percentage points down. "His posts are informative but the ads distracts the readers." "This blogger I bet is earning lots of money! But beware too much ads in your site turns off some readers." Judges comments about Pinoy X Blog.

Ruby's blog was voted 3 times to the Top 10, No. 2 in the Voting category, and is one of our most frequent visitor in our blog. I personally like her blog to win. But I cannot manipulate the judges and the score sheets. She is Number 2 best blog in Europe region. Judges comments; " Feels like I am in Germany also." "A blog with a nice lay-out and so interesting." "I have observed that she has a lot of blogger friends especially OFW's."

Tin-tin Hekmi's original blog in mychronicle is very insightful and inspiring. When she moved back to pansitan, we can't follow the link to mychronicle.net anymore, so judges was directed to her new and few entries in Pansitan. Her blog was voted 3 times to the Top 10, and No. 7 in the Voting category. Judges comments; "I can relate with her blog.""I like the content of the blog. Still need to some new features in her blog to make it more interesting.""A simple yet insightful blog of Tin tin!"
I personally like this blog. Gratitude is one of the best attitude, I believe. But when the ads and widget peppered Shawie's blogs, it took too long for the post to finally appear. Voted 2 times, and Number 1 in Alexa and Number 2 in Technorati, still Shawie's blog did not make it to the Top 10. She is still grateful though for being nominated. Truly she walks the blog! :-) "The blog has a great content, but just a considerable amount of ads." "Always be grateful of Blessings from Him. Shout that you are Pinoy!"

Janeth's blog was nominated twice in the Top 10, and though I befriended the blogger, her blog is currently undergoing renovation, that's why judges commented that the blog is "just too cluttered," "mabagal magload." Still Janeth Vicy and her story about her life's journey and recent marriage to an American, is a proud Filipina.
I personally like his blog. I consider Jay a blogging friend. I wished his photoblog and life in Kuwait as he chronicles it will win. A Chronicles of a Desert Prince was voted twice in the Top 10. "It's quite good. I am impressed with his topics that makes me relate to how an OFW survives his life away from his loveones" says one judge.
Evita is currently staying in Belgium, and her blog was voted twice in the Top 10. Her Adventure is mostly about her experiences abroad and her life all in all. "Nice blog. It's informative in a sense that it lets the readers know more about the conditions of our fellow Pinoys in Belgium."
Voted once in the Top 10, Pinoy in Iraq was formerly Astig Pinoy Iraq. It is a group of Filipino OFW's in Camp Taji, in the warzones of Iraq. It is such a tremendous challenge to live and work there but I still I am honored that this kababayan's managed to relieve homesickness through blogging. "The site has been very good when it comes to content. The big turn-off that it made was the hue of blue that he used in his layout. It hurts the eyes."
Voted once in the Top 10, Filipino life Abroad is a blog of a Filipino who married an American. The content is good as it is more about Filipino lives, and the challenges in living abroad, but judges commented about the lay-out and the fonts used. "A big NO NO to transparent blog post. The background pic distracts the readers from reading the blog post." " Lay out was magulo" " Can't read the contents"

Join Us on Facebook